Monadnock at Home (MaH) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) membership organization serving the towns east of Mount Monadnock. Our mission is to provide seniors of the Monadnock Region with the support and practical means to live and thrive in their homes and communities.
MaH began operation in September 2010, with 49 membership households spanning six towns. We’ve since grown to about 90 memberships and now serve Dublin, Fitzwilliam, Hancock, Harrisville, Jaffrey, Marlborough, New Ipswich, Peterborough, Rindge and Sharon. Together with active volunteers our staff develops educational, social and wellness opportunities that are an important part of MaH, in addition to responding to specific member requests. To support our organization we have collaborative relationships with several area non-profits. Catholic Charities New Hampshire (CCNH) is our Premier Partner, supporting the MaH vision for building community and systems to meet the needs of seniors as they grow older. We also have partnerships with Monadnock Community Hospital, Home Healthcare Hospice & Community Services (HCS) in Peterborough, American Red Cross and Contoocook Valley Transportation Company. Our quarterly newsletters describe the various ways our members enjoy and benefit from our services and events.
Services & Benefits Include:
- A central place to access services – one phone call is all it takes when you have a need
- Access to a wide range of prescreened providers including home maintenance resources, home health aides, auto repair shops, pet care, etc. (our database contains more than 100 vetted providers)
- Transportation to appointments and once-a-week grocery trips
- Help with simple maintenance or basic technical problems
- Telephone check-ins
- Social, educational and volunteer opportunities – adds spice to life, helps prevent isolation and provides learning for shared concerns common to this stage of life
- Volunteer opportunities
- Peace of Mind for you and your family
There’s a personal touch to Monadnock at Home that provides our members with the spirit of community in addition to a built-in support system whenever help is needed.