Monadnock at Home (MaH) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) membership organization serving the towns east of Mount Monadnock. Our purpose is to give people over 62 both the practical means and the confidence to live their lives to the fullest while staying in their own home.
With Cynthia Bowen as Executive Director (ED), MaH began operation on September 1, 2010, with 49 membership households spanning six towns. We’ve since grown to over 65 memberships serving seven towns. Our staff also includes two Local Coordinators who oversee memberships in Jaffrey, Peterborough, Hancock, Rindge, New Ipswich and Dublin. Our Local Coordinators help us develop educational, social and wellness opportunities that are an important part of MaH. They also assist our ED as another set of eyes and ears in their communities and respond to events and member requests specific to their towns. To support our organization we have collaborative relationships with several area non-profits. New Hampshire Catholic Charities (NHCC) is our Premier Partner, supporting the MaH vision for building community and systems to meet the needs of seniors as they grow older. We also have partnerships with Monadnock Community Hospital, American Red Cross and Contoocook Valley Transportation Company. Our Spring, and Summer 2011 newsletter issues describe the various ways in which these partners assist our members.
Services & Benefits Include:
- A central place to access services – one phone call to our ED is all it takes when you have a need
- Access to a wide range of prescreened providers including home maintenance resources, home health aides, auto repair shops, pet care, etc.
- Transportation to appointments and once-a-week grocery trips
- Help with simple maintenance or basic technical problems
- Telephone check-ins
- Social, educational and volunteer opportunities – adds spice to life, helps prevent isolation and provides learning for shared concerns common to this stage of life
- Volunteer opportunities
- Peace of Mind for you and your family
Within our first year of operation, we’ve provided our members with 90 service provider referrals (from our database of more than 125 vetted providers) and arranged 35 volunteer visits to meet the needs of our membership.
There’s a personal touch to Monadnock at Home that provides our members with the spirit of community in addition to a built-in support system whenever help is needed.